Weddings, Funerals & Private Events
The Pastor of this church conducts all weddings taking place in the church. Upon request the Pastor will invite another member of the clergy (a relative of the wedding couple, for instance) to concelebrate the ceremony. Ordinarily, the church’s staff musician will provide music for the service.
For a wedding to take place here:
- The wedding couple must meet requirements set forth by the State of Ohio regarding who can enter into marriage.
- At least one of the members of the wedding couple needs to be a baptized Christian.
- The wedding couple must complete premarital counseling with the Pastor (usually three sessions of two hours each). Premarital counseling sessions are based on a confidential survey completed by the wedding couple. The survey is administered online by a third party at a nominal cost.
- The church’s fees for wedding services must be paid in full.
- A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required in order to reserve a date and time for the wedding. This fee is applied to the total fee for wedding services.
A complete handbook on weddings at this church can be found here (link to PDF).
Funeral and Memorial Services
The church is the place for observing the transitions of life: birth, marriage, and death. We conduct either funerals (i.e., with the body of the deceased present) or memorials (no body is present, or the cremated remains are present).The Pastor of this church conducts all funeral and memorial services taking place in the church. Services may be conducted for members or non-members of the church. The pastor will consider requests to conduct a funeral or memorial service at a location other than at the church.
Caskets are closed for the final time prior to being brought into the sanctuary or chapel for a funeral.
The church does not have a schedule of fees for funeral or memorial services. An honorarium is a freewill payment in situations for which custom dictates that there are no established fees, such as for conducting or hosting funerals or memorials.