About the Rocky River Presbyterian Preschool
RRPS Home — Links for this page: – Purpose – History – Staff Info – Fun Facts
Rocky River Presbyterian Preschool is located off Detroit Rd in Rocky River, Ohio and has been providing preschool classes for over 60 years!
We encourage children to have fun while learning. Our students participate in sensory, art, writing, dramatic, constructive, math, science and literacy play. Teachers engage the children with stories, finger plays, songs, games, crafts and experiments. We have a large gym and fenced in outdoor area for gross motor play. Students also have the opportunity to explore in our music room and special activity room.
Rocky River Presbyterian Preschool provides a high quality, non-profit, half-day preschool for young children, as a service to the members and friends of our church and the West Side communities.
We are licensed by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. The teachers at Rocky River Presbyterian Preschool care about giving every student a positive educational experience to learn and grow with their peers!
Rocky River Presbyterian Nursery School was established in 1961 by
the Rev. Jim Walker and Arlene Campbell. There were 20 children who met three mornings per week. Later they expanded to five days a week, with preschool sessions in the morning and afternoon. Today there are morning and afternoon classes for children between the ages of two and a half and five with space for over 100 children. We are continuing to evolve based on the needs of the community and will offer extended hours for the 4’s and Pre-k classes for 2021-2022.
We believe school should be fun for everyone!
- The staff has a combined 170 years of teaching at Rocky River Presbyterian Preschool!
- Lunch bunch is an opportunity for all students to extend the regular class day and eat with their peers.
- Car pool line allows parents to pull up to the door to drop off their child without having to get out of the car!
- Students (and Parents) ease into the school year with the opportunity for parents to attend the first day and shorter class times for the first week.
- There are multiple fun nights at school throughout the year!
- Four and Five year olds have the option of extended hours.